There’s nothing we love more at BCBGeneration than the perfect accessory , especially for our girls looking to try something a little more trendy. This year, we introduced preppy-chic detachable collards to our collection – pictured in slide 1 and slide 2, and we’re just slightly obsessed and totally channeling Annie Hall. As cool as these nifty little neck warmers are, they can be a bit tricky to style. So one of our amazing buyers (Hey Claudia!) asked us to give a pictorial on the best way to wear this must-have accessory. We perused Pinterest for hours – how cool is our job? – and found some fantastic inspiration on styling a detachable collar. Take a peak at our picks and embrace our how to wear tips!
1. Do find a “collar style” that’s right for your personal look, whether it be Peter Pan, sweetly scalloped or punk and pointy. It can take your look from girly to grunge, depending on your mood.
2. Don’t over accessorize. The detachable collarhttp://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwp2blS8lZ1qkdhjzo1_500.jpg is meant to be a statement piece, so leave the chandelier earrings at home.
3. Do layer your detchable collar over or under other collars. The more the merrier!
4. Don’t be afraid to try something different. This piece looks great with everything from strapless dresses to basic tees.
5. Do try some detachable collar tips, for an added flair.